Whilst we love listening to music on our phones, there are most of the things we don’t get. The music lacks quality and the hype we get listening to music on devices like Google Home & Echo with huge bass is something different.
If you are a proud owner of Google Home, Echo or Sonos devices, here is how you can connect your mobile Bluetooth with them and enjoy the best music.
Pairing Phone or Bluetooth Speaker to Echo Device
Echo is a smart speaker developed by Amazon, Inc. which comes with a voice-controlled smart assistant, Alexa. Alexa responds to your voice when you say “Alexa, [Command]”. For example, “Alexa, Play Music”.
Amazon Echo devices are compatible with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices. Upon Bluetooth connection to Echo, You can control your music playlists and on/off features from your phone or tablet. With all the control, you can also connect your Echo to another Bluetooth speaker for better sound.
Here’s how you do it-
- Enable Your Bluetooth device and start pairing
- Open the Alexa app
- Go the settings in the left menu
- Select the device setting and select Echo & Alexa.
- Select Your Device
- Select Bluetooth devices and Pair your device
Enabling Alexa Compatible Bluetooth Pairing
Although many prefer not taking to Alexa and like to use Bluetooth only, you can enable Alexa voice assistant in your device with one command “Alexa, Pair”.
- Enable Bluetooth in iOS or Android
- Make sure your phone is in the range of Echo
- Say “Alexa, Pair”. Alexa will now enter pairing mode and search for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Look for Amazon Echo in your phone’s Bluetooth device list. You can now manually connect or just say “Alexa, Pair [Device Name]”
- To disconnect from device, say, “Alexa disconnect from Bluetooth”
- Home automation
- Music & Songs
- Messages & Calls
- Food Orders & Alarms
- No Internal Battery; Must be plugged in
- Private conversations are accessible by others
Pairing Phone or Bluetooth Speaker with Google Home
Developed by Google, Google Home is a set of Smart speakers that supports voice commands interaction with Google’s Smart Assistant. Google Home is limited in physical touch services but responds to voice commands just like Amazon Echo.
You can play any music on your Google Home using Bluetooth. Below are the easy steps you can follow to play music in your Google Home:
- Enable Google Home
- Go to Mobile Settings
- Go to Bluetooth Settings
- Turn on Bluetooth & search for available devices
- Select the Google Home device to pair & Play the music from your mobile
Follow the same steps to play music from Google Home app
- Open the Google Home app
- Select the device you want to pair
- Scroll to “General settings”, and enable pairing mode
- Pair to the Bluetooth Speaker and Play the music
Google Home is also compatible with voice commands. Below are the voice commands supported by Google Home.
- Run Google Home
- Start with “Ok Google” or “Hey Google” and then say “Turn on Bluetooth” to turn the Bluetooth on
- To check the pairing status, say, “Is Bluetooth Paired?”
- To cancel pairing, say “cancel” or “cancel pairing”
- To play a song, say “Hey Google, Play [Song Name]”
- Voice Recognition
- Phone Calls
- Decent Sound Quality
- No Internal Battery; Must be Plugged in
- Limited Smart Capabilities
Pairing Bluetooth & Wi-Fi with Sonos Devices
Sonos is an audio company based in California that develops wireless home audio systems. Founded in 2002, Sonos has transformed home sound with better functionality and flexibility. In the beginning, the Sonos system operated by connecting one single speaker to your home network. Now you can add up to 32 units into the mix using a Sonosnet. Sonosnet is a dedicated secure wireless mesh network. You can set up a Sonos device with an Android or iOS app from your phone.
Setting up Sonos with Wi-fi
- Start the Sonos device
- Download & open Sonos App in your iOS or Android from your home Wi-Fi
- Select “set up a new Sonos system. Sign in to Sonos’ account.
- Follow the procedure and complete the setup
- Open completion, you will see “TuneIn Radio” which comes preinstalled with the device. TuneIn provides over 100,000 radio stations.
You can add your own personal music libraries or you can subscribe to other music streaming services like Pandora, Spotify, Amazon Music to play on your Sonos home speaker system.
Pairing Sonos Move with Bluetooth
You can pair your Sonos Move device with Bluetooth and take all control from your phone directly. To connect your phone Bluetooth to Sonos Move:
- Switch Sonos Move to Bluetooth mode
- Enable pairing move on Sonos Move
- Pair your device with Sonos Move from your device setting
You will see a blue LED and hear a sound upon a successful connection.
- Better Bass
- Multi-Room Audio
- Works with Streaming Services
- No High-Res Support
- No Bluetooth; except Sonos Move
How to play ListenOnRepeat on iOS or android using Your Bluetooth Speaker?
ListenOnRepeat can be played on your iOS, Android or Computer using Your Bluetooth speaker. You can create your playlists and loop them on your Bluetooth speaker. Follow the below steps to set up your Bluetooth speaker to play ListenOnRepeat:
- Turn on your Bluetooth speaker or device
- Go to your phone setting and enable Bluetooth connection
- Search for available devices and pair it with the Bluetooth speaker or device
- Upon connection Set up, Open any browser on your iOS or Android
- Visit Listenonrepeat.com and play music of your choice
- The music will now loop on your Bluetooth speaker or device.
ListenOnRepeat is the #1 site to play songs on loop & will repeat music on your Bluetooth speaker as long as you don’t close the site or close the browser.