[joli-toc] Music is very valuable to human culture. It resembles an everyday schedule of an individual. Music empowers people to connect and express what a human is feeling with all the tunes and rhymes in it. Remembering that music enables human cooperation to get energizing and can deal with anything through its activities. Today, music classes help get familiar with the nuts and bolts of how music functions and what the human way of thinking behind it is.
Music education is well known, and it also has a lot of importance in every country. It provides a music learners the self-expression, responsibilities, self-importance, group work, and patience as they start getting into its depth. This education is also a practice to show the love people have for music.
How Music Affects Learning?
A very few people know the information but music affects a person in many ways, and some of them are these:
- When a person plays a musical instrument or tool, it makes changes in their neurology. It assists the brain in speeding up the development.
- Music can affect you to be smarter. It is surprising, but it has a lot to do with your brain activities. It develops your IQ and motor skills.
- Music education can help improve your learning and schooling abilities if you are a student of any class or university professor. The impact happens not just by listening to music but also by playing a musical instrument. When you feel tired of studying and exhausted, you can start playing a musical instrument, and your mind relaxes and starts feeling fresh.
Best Music Education Books and eBooks
There is a huge history of musical instruments and learning Music has become significantly easier over time. You can now learn about any kind of music through books and ebooks. Here are a few of the books and ebooks to get started with music education:
- Barbara Freedman’s teaching music through composition: this syllabus is using technology. It has practical steps in the lessons that aim at the design. The project sheets and lesson plans will also help you to learn the ideas instantly.
- Doctor Scott Watson’s Using Technology to Unlock Musical Creativity has the lesson procedures with guidelines and instructions made in steps. For using the music software in the music classroom, this book provides background details and the purposes behind the unification of music studies’ technology.
- YouTube in music education by Doctor James Frankel and Thomas Rudolph provides the depth into how music teachers can utilize the massive number of videos from YouTube. This book has a chapter on what you should do if your institute blocks YouTube.
- Making Music with GarageBand and MixcraftMaking Music with GarageBand and Mixcraft by Robin Hodson, Dr. James Frankel, Michael Fein, and Richard McCready teaches the essential lesson of the skills for utilizing the two famous sequencing scheme that is GarageBand (for Mac) and Mixcraft (for PC). The skills mentioned involving editing audio, video, recording, working with MIDI, editing, combining, and expertise.
- The book is named “Technology Integration in the Elementary Music Classroom Technology Integration in the Elementary Music Classroom” by Amy Burns. This book is a rare one that focuses on utilizing technology with younger students.
- Amy Burns has also published Help I Am an Elementary Teacher with a Smartboard: It is a free guide book for music tutors utilizing collaborative whiteboards in the classrooms.
Music Teaching Methods
- Integrate Technology
Advancement in technology has made it significantly easy to learn and create music. There are a lot of music software and applications that help people learn music within a short period of time. GarageBand, Pro Tools, Logic, and Ableton are a few of the tools you can use to learn, teach, or create new music.
- Design a Comprehensive Classroom
The music teacher should be capable enough to hinge from teaching a jazz group in the morning to tutoring the world music lecture in the afternoon to leading an after-school rock group. A comprehensive music classroom should be able to utilize modern music instruments and tools to teach and practice every kind of music genre.
Effects of Music Education
Everything has good and bad aspects, so here are some good and bad influences of music:
The positive Influence of Music
- Preternatural: there is a purpose behind the fact that music is an essential part of the vital religion’s functions. The communities in the past use to believe that music is the divine means of interaction. One more fact of considering music to be something spiritual is that music can move you to a different dimension in your thoughts.
- Imagination: Many pieces of research shows that music assists you in increasing your creativity. It can help unlock the parts of your brain if played in the right situation. Some companies use some inspirational music in their advertisements to attract people towards their product,
- Tension: music can kill stress and give you peace in many ways. Happy songs can make your mood right, and inspirational music can motivate you. It helps you to enable the fine-tuning of your emotional brainpower to release the Dopamine
The Negative Influence of music
The negative influence of music is mostly because of the pitch of the sound. So here are some of them:
- Interruption: hearing music at a loud volume can cause a lot of damage. It can distract your thinking procedures, and if you need to focus on a chore, you may find it difficult while hearing to loud music
- Health collision: loud music can damage your hearing. A human body can handle certain things. So hearing loud music can affect your ears and cause disability.